Saturday, March 11, 2006

Home Alone

Husband and son have gone off to have breakfast with his aunt... and I am home alone. It doesn't happen often. Even with only three of us living here, usually at least one other is here at the same time I am. That limits what I can do, when I can do it, and how much I can accomplish.

So far: Made coffee, read paper, fed dog, washed dishes, started laundry, listened to Weekend Edition on NPR (as I did the other stuff), cleaned one toilet, checked email, read one chapter of a financial book, and started this blog. Not bad for an hour and a half of wakefulness. Now that my second cup is on its way down, I can kick it up and at least get the kitchen clean and the floors vaccummed before the boys return. Problem is... I don't know how long they will be gone.

What I need is a week home alone. Not gonna happen, but I can dream....

No comments: