Friday, March 10, 2006

It got worse...

I am not a fan of Continental/Northwest to start with, but what happened yesterday defies explanation.

My husband's aunt, who is 87, was flying from Tulsa to Tallahassee. She had a stop in Memphis and the weather was terrible. Tornadoes, big rain and wind... so I can understand why her flights would be delayed, then eventually cancelled.

What I don't understand is why they didn't put her in a hotel room to try again the next day. Instead, they found another flight... to GAINESVILLE. There is no air service between Gainesville and Tallahassee, so she wound up hitching a ride with a couple who rented a car. The arrived at the airport at 3AM, only to find that it was closed (this is not a big city). My brother in law wound up getting up to go get her. Who knows where the luggage is....

I sincerely hope that Continental/Northwest Airlink will make some kind of restitution. It was inexcusable what they did to her.

When I called this morning to see if I needed to pick her up today, I got the story from my mother-in-law (who I woke up at 9am). They were all still asleep, so I got off the phone and have spent the rest of the morning steaming out of my ears for her. Wow. I'm still mad.

2 comments:

Alice in Wonderbread said...

well that sucks major ass!

Sayre said...

Sure does. I did talk to her today though. She got her luggage and she and my in-laws were sitting around talking (and having a little tipple too, from the sound of it). Will see her tomorrow.

As it turns out, she was very lucky in her companion that drove her here. Apparently a professor at the university. It just could have gone so wrong... I must now revert to my glass-half-full self.