Saturday, April 29, 2006

Aaaahhhhhh!

Ah, the birthday party! It actually wasn't too bad. The kids and my husband sat out on the front deck filling up water balloons which they then proceeded to fling at each other.




A truly wet time was had by all!

The bugs also, apparently, had a field day. More on that later...

Then it was time for cake, ice cream,
and presents....
Uncle Matt got in the spirit of things and posed with Z and his new scooter wearing an Anakin Skywalker mask.













A good time was had by all (including me!). The inlaws left first, my father repaired to my room to have a nap, and Mom and I chatted while I washed dishes. My husband and Uncle Matt took the kids to the FSU Marine Lab open house. After Dad's nap, Kylee's mom arrived exhausted from a very long day and a terrible headache. Since the bed was vacant, she fell face first into it and slept for about an hour. Dad and Mom took off to celebrate a cousin's 90th birthday at a Hawaiian-themed party and the kids returned from the lab. Kylee and her mom left (after many Kylee tears - didn't want to leave), which left Matt and Will (Z's best friend who was also going to spend the night). We all goofed around for a while, then Matt left to meet some friends. The ebb and flow of people in and out of my house was interesting.... Finally it was just us and Will. Hubby wandered off to bed and the boys stayed up until 10pm working on a Lego Starwars contraption. After a while, I said enough and the boys crawled into bed. I sat down at the computer and about 10 minutes later, heard muffled sniffing. Will was having an attack of the I-wanna-go-home's, so I called his dad to come get him. We went out side on the deck to wait. Will was scratching at himself and I realized that while the mosquitoes weren't much in evidence, the no-see-ums were out in force. I checked Will and Zach and both had those lovely little welts. The joys of country life.

So that was our day. It was a long one, but ultimately a very happy one. Kids happy, check. Hubby and me happy, check. Parents/grandparents happy, check. Everybody tired.... check.
Good night.

1 comment:

Alice in Wonderbread said...

snicker snicker
just like his auntie chrissy, z-man has chocolate on his face in the card holding picture!

:)