Thursday, April 13, 2006

And so it begins...


Clutter should be my middle name. If I lived alone, this would not be so, but I get so tired of trying to keep up with the guys' clutter that I sort of give up. My inner clean-sweeper has now been activated by the pending move, so I brought a bunch of boxes home to start the process. First, the books that aren't current or near future reading. How-to books are staying handy!

As I sorted through books, I realized that almost without fail, I was keeping books by certain authors and getting rid of others. Authors I am keeping: Nevada Barr (park ranger solves mysteries in various national parks), Patricia Cornwell (medical examiner solves mysteries using forensic evidence), Anne Rice (vampires/witches rule), JK Rowling (Harry Potter), Iris Johansen (facial reconstructionist solves mysteries), JA Jance (green sheriff deals with crime in the desert), Jean Aul (cavegirl overcomes being the odd girl out to become the most important shaman/healer/basketweaver in the Clan/Others tribe). I'm beginning to sense a theme...

There are the odd ones - authors whose names I can't remember but love the books (Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood), the authors I like but don't have many of (Anne LaMont: Bird by Bird and Operating Instructions), and some classics like Gone with the Wind/Scarlett, Beowulf, Twelfth Night, and Ride with the Horsemen.

Yoda asked that I not put books in on top of him...

No comments: