Monday, April 17, 2006

In Search of Elvis


Okay - anyone who reads this on a regular basis, I'm taking a short break and heading for Las Vegas. It's professional conference time... a chance to enrich my knowledge about what it is that I do for a living and all the weird technical changes that are about to be made.

While I'm in Vegas, I don't go see shows (though I might go see "Ka" while I'm there - it's a Cirque du Soleil show). I spend most of my time hiking the streets (no, not like that). The scenery in Vegas is interesting; from the people to the buildings, you won't find another place like it on earth.

The first year I went there, I came across an Elvis impersonator on the street. Just some college kid who does it to earn a little extra money. I took his picture (you can pay him or not pay him, but I think most people do pay him) and when I got back to work, I put it on my door. It's actually a pretty good shot. I'm hoping to find another Elvis this year. If I do, I'll post it when I return!

Watch this spot... I'll be back on line April 24!

1 comment: