Thursday, May 18, 2006

Critters and other stuff

And in other news....
Yoda checked in to his favorite vet's office early this morning and came out a changed "man". Yup, he is now old enough to be fixed. Yoda has recently discovered the joys of wandering and we really need to curtail this particular activity now. French was amused.

Yoda's been falling asleep all over the house...

An update...
Beryl has me worried. After her lovely bath and the end of her fleas, temporarily, she seems to be having some kind of reaction to the FrontlinePlus. Her skin has gone all scaley and her hair is turning gray and falling out. And there are still fleas on her. Bless her, she's so arthritic that she can't really scratch or bend around to chew on herself, so she's got to be absolutely miserable. In addition to that, we rarely seem to be able to nab her to put the eye drops in (she doesn't produce tears anymore so we have to artificially moisten her eyes). No wonder she doesn't come when we call her anymore - we're always doing something to her! But her reluctance to come is very detrimental to her health. Add her diminishing appetite - she's getting thin - and I think we must be very close to the end of the road with her. I'm taking her in to see the doc early next week, but if the cortisone shot doesn't help, it may be time to put her down. She's not having a whole lot of fun anymore. I guess if we're going to do it, we should do it before we move. That might just be too upsetting to her since she's lived here her whole life.

This is the pose she makes most often. Rarely does she actually move around much anymore. Where, oh where did my baby-dog go?

Bathtime for Bozo...
Tonight my husband ran a bath for my son. Son got in and had a grand old time. Hubby had been out fishing today and was a bit sniffy his own self, so he got in too. I was petting the dog and putting drops in her eyes when I heard raucus laughter coming from the bathroom. After a while, Z-boy yelled for me to come look. Both were clad in towels, but got out of the way when I showed up with a camera.
Guess my bath will be in the morning - in the other bathroom!

Ah... just a day in the life!

No comments: