Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Happy Graduation weekend!

We spent much of this past weekend doing family stuff. Add to our ranks one high school graduate who is heading off to the Air Force Academy in a couple of weeks!

Family arrived from all over the south for the big event and hung out at the pool, chatting and eating barbecue from Sonny's.


Here's what seems to be not fair - All of my husband's family has dark skin, dark hair and eyes. They are all BEAUTIFUL. And my son, who initially looked like he'd gotten their coloring, turned out to have my pasty-white skin, blue eyes and blonde hair. And
while my son is beautiful too, he gets the joys of living in sunny

Florida under loads of sunscreen, hats, zinc oxide, and long sleeves and pants. And in spite of all our precautions, he still got burned this weekend...

Our grad is the gal in the white t-shirt holding a blue cup. She's a wonderful person and very smart. We are all so proud of her and her choice to go to the Academy. She is the last for Joe (and the first and last for Rita) to leave the nest. I imagine they will take some time to get used to the quietness of their home. When Z is gone and it's just me and my husband, the house feels weird. And Z won't be gone for good for a long, long time.

No comments: