Thursday, May 04, 2006

Out with the Old...

Quite a few of you know that we got through the winter with no heat. Then last Thursday, our air conditioning died. Our old unit was totally trashed - and it was probably something of a miracle that it lasted as long as it did.

Carl and Charlie came out with a NEW unit. This is Carl after they removed the old one (right side of the picture) and put in the new, bigger unit.

The new unit was really heavy. It was on that cart and the guys had to pull it up the septic mound. It was almost to the top when I saw they were in trouble (soft spot), so I ran over and gave it a little extra push. That got it up there!

It took all morning, but it was finally in. I was sitting at my desk, doing some work and talking on the phone with my assistant when the AC came on. COOL AIR!!!!! How wonderful! I leaned back, spread my arms and tilted my face up to the lovely cool pouring out of the ceiling vent.

Then stuff started falling out of the vent. All the dead bugs, mold and dust that had been sitting in my vents (probably for years) were being blown out... and all over me. There was cleanup to be done in everyroom, but the cool air made it worth it. Starting today, our highs will be in the 90s. Got it in just in time!

Carl and Charlie loaded our little, old, worn-out unit on their trailer and took it away. Thanks, guys. We slept well last night!

1 comment:

Alice in Wonderbread said...

ewwwwwwwwwwww falling dead bugs. I woulda freaked out big time.

I'm glad you got your air!!!