Sunday, June 04, 2006

Back to the Future




If you will recall - I posted an entry about missing St. Marks and its little fishing village feel. Real Old Florida stuff. Included in those ramblings was a bit about the fact that dogs could not go into the Riverside Cafe with their owners anymore (which they could do when we first moved down here).







Well, 'lo and behold! Governor Jeb Bush signed legislation this week allowing people to bring their dogs to open-air restaurants and lets them eat right alongside their owners (or lie at their feet). Jeb lost his own 11 year-old black lab this past week. I wonder if that had anything to do with his signing of this bill?

The more things change, the more they stay the same....

4 comments:

Alice in Wonderbread said...

I don't doubt it.

Dogs can go everywhere people go in Europe, incidently. Saw them in hotels, hotel bars, restaurants, elevators, everywhere but the museums! :)

BlondeBlogger said...

Yay for Jeb! So sad about his dog, though. :(

Sayre said...

Dogs ARE people in Europe. Not just pets. My grandmother refers to her dog as her "roomate".

I didn't show my husband the Jeb story about his dog dying. It was so close to Beryl's death that I wasn't sure he would be able to take it. Sigh. We don't particularly like Jeb as a governor, but we're starting to like him more and more as a person.

If he actually did run for president (which he vehemently denies considering), I might be really torn.

BlondeBlogger said...

Oh you so have to vote for him, Sayre. Do it for his dog! LOL (The Republican in me is trying to brain wash you in case you didn't notice, lol!)

On a more serious note, I'm so sorry about Beryl. :( When we lost our German Shephard, my husband was so devestated. It was like another child to him.

I hope the pain eases for both of you soon.