Friday, August 25, 2006

Spend the Night

This afternoon, I went to pick up my best friend's son for a spend-the-night. His big sister is having a slumber party for her birthday. His dad was bugging out but he wanted to spend the night with Z-boy rather than go to the "buggy place". I picked him up amid shrieks and giggles coming from the playroom and didn't envy my friend a daughter in the least.

Of course, boys make noises of their own. "Make a run for it! The core-ship is coming down!" just came out of my son's room. They're playing some kind of StarWars Clone Wars make-believe game. It's almost 10:30 at night. Z is 7, W is 5. I am about dead.

1 comment:

Alice in Wonderbread said...

let em stay up as long as they want. It's a special time.

I still remember my favorite third grade sleepover with Amber, when we pretended there was no gravity. We spent the whole night in the bathroom making goldfish crackers float.

One of my favorite childhood memories, ever.