Jeff at http://www.psychosomaticwit.blogspot.com/ tagged me with the following book tag:
1. Grab the nearest book. If you are currently reading something, that'll be fine too.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 4 sentences on your Blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet I know that is what you were thinking!
6. Tag 5 people.
"Goodman's father had died under a scalding cauldron of molten steel. Broken, body and spirit, by years of physical punishment, he just couldn't move fast enough. When his father died, Goodman, then nine, and his mother moved to the city. They had never owned anything. Everything belonged to the company."
The book is Primal Fear by William Diehl. I've read it several times - usually when I need to get my willies wiggling. It's very dark and if you've seen the movie, you don't know the whole story.
Tagging S. William, Christina-the-Wench, Nikki (First-time Mom), and whoever else wants to play!
And S. William at http://www.swilliamshaw.com/ has also tagged me with this one - I have to list 5 unique or interesting things about me.
1. I have a phobia about things that spin... which makes sleeping under a ceiling fan very difficult but I can't sleep at all without one.
2. I have a son who is a year and a half older than my granddaughter (though in this day and age of second marriages, maybe that's not so weird - it just messes with MY head).
3. When I hear about someone's pain or a bad injury, my shins hurt.
4. I used to be able to speak and sing in two tones at the same time. I can't do it anymore, though.
5. Ever since I quit smoking, my sense of smell has kicked into high gear. Sometimes that's good, sometimes that's bad, and sometimes it's just plain weird. Like the time I walked into our downstairs lobby at work. I stopped and sniffed. Someone whose office opened onto the lobby asked what I was smelling. "Smells like..... dog feet!" She burst out laughing. Apparently there HAD been a dog running around down there the day before. As I said - weird.
So... what's weird or unique about you????