Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving Day menu

Mom and I went to lunch last week and planned out who would do what. I realize now that some of that list was somewhat nebulous as to who does what, at least in my mind... I need to go to the store again - I forgot the Hawaiian Rolls.

I've done the two pumpkin pies; I'm making a "Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake" which I suspect will turn out like pumpkin bread pudding. Still need to do the jello salad (oh, my God - it's been years. I haven't made that since I graduated from "weird aunt" status). I don't do sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top - isn't there enough sweet stuff this time of year? I will bake the sweet potatoes in their skins, peel them, mash them with butter, salt, and a tiny bit of brown sugar. Or maybe I'll leave them in small chunks and just add butter. Hmmm....

2 ROASTED TURKEYS. Michael Ciarello’s recipe
GRAVY
Mashed potatoes (10 lbs)
Stuffing
Peas and squash casserole
Rutabaga, mashed
Fresh cranberry relish
something chocolate
Sour cream
Publix pound cake
-----------------------------------------------
Sweet potato casserole (sayre)
Jello salad (sayre)
Jellied cranberry sauce (sayre)
Pumpkin pies (sayre)
4 packages hawaiian rolls (sayre)


I also laughed uproariously at the inclusion of "something chocolate". That's my Mom!

No comments: