Tuesday, January 09, 2007

More work towards my goals

2007 is off to a roaring start! I have a feeling THIS will be the year. The year I get my shape back (well, my GOOD shape), my health back, learn new stuff, and write my first book. I am pretty happy where I am and would never want to go back in time to who I used to be.

IMG_1340

Oh sure, she looked pretty good, but she wasn't very smart about a lot of things. Heck, she was only 20. You couldn't pay me to be 20 again.

The now-me doesn't look that good, but I sure do know more than I used to. And I shall keep learning. Part of that is learning to love ME. Once you get past being a child, it's a difficult concept to hang on to. One we have to come back around to as we get older. This year, I will:

Take Risks

Take more risks.

And

Believe in Yourself

Believe in myself.

If I can manage those two, I think the rest will take care of itself.

On another note:

NBC2007 Logo

I have signed up for the 2007 National Body Challenge (Discovery Health Channel)! I registered online at www.discoveryhealth.com by clicking on the Body Challenge button. There are all kinds of helps, including a fitness plan, a meal plan, a weight tracker, a fitness tracker, and a forum for discussing strategy and asking questions. The Challenge officially begins on January 13th, which is a great day for me to start stuff, apparently. That will also be my two year anniversary of quitting smoking for good. Who says 13 is unlucky??????

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Running?! Oh dear. You may not recall the great weightloss of '87 and the old man's brief and amazing road-racing career. I still have the 10K Rose City Run Shirt. Like you, a little heavy and remember I now have a left knee shot to hell, that dislocates etc. Remember the handsful of Advil before I would run..and think, brisk walk--or better..get on the bike!

Mel said...

I love that pic! Great hair.

Sayre said...

Don't worry, Dad - I won't do anything foolish, but I'd sure love to run like that. I think I'd have to get rid of some of my excess before I do that, but a fun goal, don't you think?

Mel - that was my wedding picture from my first marriage. 20 years old. I hope I am never that dumb again. My hair was down to my waist at that point. They did a good job with it!

Anonymous said...

What a babe you are!
(love the picture of the mouse!)

Anonymous said...

You could pay me to go back to 20. In fact, I would pay a great deal to go back to 20!

Of course, I thought college was a blast!

OhTheJoys said...

You are the very PICTURE of innocence!