Monday, January 15, 2007

Random Thoughts

Acid Reflux Sucks
I spent last night in the recliner in the living room. I have a snazzy new neck pillow courtesy of Mom and Dad and it makes all the difference in the world when you have to sleep sitting up. I was dead to the world, in spite of the Party Boys next door. Darling Man came in as he was leaving for work at 5am and asked if I wanted to move to the bed. "No, I'll stay here." "You're getting more like your mother everyday...."

Shaky Truce
French and Yoda are willing to be in the house with the two new girls. There's still hissing, but they all do it lying down on the kitchen floor and staring at each other.

Did You Know...
...that lovely Chia cat grass is like feeding ex-lax to your cats????

Stupid Is as Stupid Does
There is no way around it... seagulls are stupid. They are the rats with wings, scavengers of the mid-sized bird world. And they love eggs. Any kind of eggs, but fresh eggs or about to be fresh eggs REALLY attract them. Even if those eggs belong to a bald eagle. Today I was sitting at a light waiting to turn left and telling my friend Kelly that I was on my way to pick up Z-man when I saw a huge commotion in the air above the CVS pharmacy. A bald eagle was chasing and occasionally raking a seagull with its talons. And that stupid seagull was STILL trying to get to the eagle's nest. I hung up and frantically dug for my camera, which had slipped under the car seat, but by the time I got it out of the case, the seagull had seen the error of its ways (or perhaps was just bleeding too profusely to continue) and had decided to leave. I could hear the eagle laughing all the way back to the nest. Hello? Can you say talons????

No comments: