Friday, February 23, 2007

Believe Your Ears

Yesterday, my husband and I were sparring in the kitchen when I saw Misha walking by. Something seemed off, as as I watched her, I realized that she was limping. I went and picked her up, but she wouldn't let me touch her feet or her back legs. But she's so much fluff, I couldn't SEE anything. The mew that came out of her though was full of pain. This is a silent cat, a begrudging purr-er, so for her to actually voice a protest was very unusual.

IMG_1589

I immediately called the vet. I don't want another Tux on my hands. Tux was my darling black cat that I had to put to sleep this past year. He developed an abscess which we thought was an infected tick bite. It turned out to be cancer - a very rare form for cats.




Misha didn't go anywhere yesterday. She stayed in one spot on the floor except for that tortured walk across the kitchen to the litterbox. Today she laid in the chair. She was there when I got up and was there when I left for work around 11:30. Before I left, I set out her carry box with a towel in it for my husband to take her to the vet. And he said when he got home, Misha had gotten off the chair and was laying in the carry box waiting to go.

It turned out to be a nasty abscess, which had already ruptured. Antibiotics should clear it up and she'll be okay. Whew!

In other news, Kylee is spending the night tonight. We went to McDonalds to get dinner and bring it home. The toys this week are "My Little Pony" for the girls and some kind of robot for the boys.

IMG_1838
Picnic on the family room floor with the "Fairly Odd Parents".

McDToy
The robot has a button on the front, and when you press it, I SWEAR it says "I'm rolling in butter. Pleased to meet you."

It couldn't be more apt.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so what does the robot THINK it's saying? I love trying to figure out the voices on those things, it's like placing an order at the drive-thru.

Sayre said...

We haven't been able to decipher it yet. My son thinks it says, "My name is Wally McButter." Thing is, the more we try to figure it out, the more the battery winds down so that now whatever it is he's saying is nearly intelligible.

Still - I kind of like my interpretation...

Jodi said...

Hey girl....
Sorry I haven't been by much. Great pics. Thanks for coming by my soot lately. I'm glad your cat is okay. We come to know and love them as well as we know our kids, don't we?
Have a great weekend,
J.

Jodi said...

oops, that was supposed to say, "thanks for coming by my S-P-0-T, not soot" .(sigh)
Typing too fast again.
J.

Anonymous said...

Love the pic of your boy with the robot he looks like his eyeballs are gonna bug right out of his head !!!!

and hoosiergirl5....don't worry too much about your typo it could have been worse...instead of s-o-o-t you might have written s-n-o-t...now that would have been much worse...hahaha