Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Paper Drudgery

Okay!!!! We're doin' the paperwork thing, shuffle, shuffle, shuffle. Drat. Where's my W2s from last year? Here's this year - need that.... Hm. I wonder if I got our stuff back from Ron last year? I bet I didn't. Darn. Better call. Ring, ring, ring - please leave a message. Hey, Ron! I can't remember - did we get our returns back from you last year? See here's the deal.... Oh, and I need to set up our taxes for this year. Please call me back when you can - we're supposed to do paperwork on the new house tomorrow. The loan officer has jury duty so we're getting squeezed in. Did I pay you for last year? I wish you'd let us pay you as soon as the thing goes in... Could we hook up tomorrow morning? Our appointment is at 1. Geez - I'll bet you're at Myra Jean's. Might be late when you get back. Well, call me anyway - I'll be waiting! Thanks, Ron!

Click.

Now - pay stubs for the last paycheck. Computer on. What???? the site is down? It's NEVER down! I don't print out my stubs because it's ALWAYS there! Except now. Drat. Drat. Drat! when will it be up? Probably not today. Big crash - hardware issues - IBM has been called in. Uh-oh.

Hello, Bank?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww wow that was fast ..I was wondering when the "JOYS" of buying a home were going to kick in...sorry for my chuckling at this but ...been there done that....there is a reason people say one of the most stressful times is when they are buying a home...

I know it will all work out in the end but it is guaranteed that you will hit glitch, after glitch after glorious glitch before move in day...

p.s. I am still assuming that you are not needing to list and sell your own place that you are in now right ?>??

Sayre said...

No - we sold our little place in the woods last year. We've been renting the house where we are now with an eye to buying it. Not gonna happen now that we've found DreamHome. The owner wants to sell (he FINALLY made up his mind when it was too late), but my brother has expressed an interest in living here, so we'll see.

Still waiting for Ron to call...