Monday, July 09, 2007

Fun Monday for 7-9-07

Fun Monday is hosted by Deb this week. Go over to her site to see all the participants this go round - and join in if you want!


Deb writes:

This is my request. Show your favorite place to relax. It can be a chair, corner, ledge, or limb. :) Get out those cameras and take pics or just write how you feel when you are in your "zone".



The first stop today on our tour of relaxation is this chair. I inherited it from my father-in-law when they moved to their smaller place and he was given a "real" recliner for Father's Day. There just wasn't room, so it came to live with us. It's my favorite place to read the newspaper or a book or sit and watch TV. It was sitting in the middle of the room until the boy decided it would make a cool jungle gym and knocked it over. It lives against the wall with a table for coffee on my right and a reading lamp on my left.

This is my outside relaxation spot. My parents gave me this wooden porch rocker for my birthday and a matching one to my husband on his birthday. It's large and roomy, with wide armrests for setting your drink down between sips.... The chairs overlook our backyard. Perfect for spying on racoons or watching the boy splashing around in the pool. I rarely read out here though. There are other things to occupy my eyes.


This is my busy relaxation post. The computer is sitting in the "junk" room with a futon mattress and a little TV so I can keep up with weather or watch something else while I visit with my friends in blogland or work from home. When I am here, the world narrows down to me and my thoughts and I come here first thing when I get up and the last thing before bed. And sometimes I visit throughout the day (especially if I'm working).

So, I kind of broke the rules. Deb only asked for ONE relaxation place and I gave you three. Oh, well... I never was very good at following the rules exactly!

18 comments:

Debs said...

Great pics. Show one or a hundred I don't care. :) *LOL*

Anonymous said...

Following rules is never fun! Don't ya know?!?!?! Love the great outdoor wooden chairs.

Anonymous said...

Rules ? What rules ? IF there are rules, they are made to be broken. Love ALL the 'spots'...

Molly said...

I love your rocking chairs and your outdoor relaxation spot. I see that you have your morning Cheerios and coffee at your computer desk. I too have enjoyed many breakfasts with my friends in the blogging world. In fact, I am joining you right now with my cup of coffee. I like mine black.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Rules. What are those :o) All your comfy places look great. I especially love the looks of the outdoor rocker.

Anonymous said...

Your porch rocker is lovely, I'd love to have a rocker like that (actually I'd love to have a porch too!)

Beccy said...

I feel the same as Hannah, firstly I'd love a porch then I'd love a rocker on it!

MommaBoo said...

My computer chair is so relaxing for me, too! I keep in touch with my buddies, download my pics, blog, you name it! It's so relaxing to me.

Thanks for sharing!

Happy Fun Monday

Anonymous said...

There were rules! Who knew...

I love that rocker!

Anonymous said...

I broke the rules too - there are too many good places to relax!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kaytabug said...

I will soon be breaking rules too!

Once when I moved from one Apt to another I had all the rooms piled to the ceilings with boxes I needed to unpack. My Mom could not understand why I was out on my balcony planting flowers in my window boxes. She finally understood later that it was what kept me sane/somewhat relaxed during the stress of moving. Getting my hands in the dirt and having pretty flowers to look at matter more to me than tackling all those boxes... they could wait!

I also relax a bit at my CPU too. Love the rocker and your outdoor view!

ChrisB said...

I love the porch rocker and wide arem rests for drinks- perfect. Snap- the computer was one of my zones and I think we all broke the rules!!

Anthony said...

I love the porch rocker. That looks like the perfect relaxation spot.

Anthony
Divorce Journey

theotherbear said...

Rules? What rules!
Great porch rocker!

willowtree said...

The first rule of Fun Monday is there are no rules. (I'm actually speaking with authority here, as Fun Monday was started by me and Vikki, who doesn't blog much these days).

I vote for the rocking chair.

Pamela said...

my computer area looks just like that. Always 13 coffee cups 1/2 empty...

but... all my kids are grown so the chairs are empty

Tiggerlane said...

I'm the queen of rule-breaking - you did GREAT!

And I can't relax at the computer - especially after fighting The Offspring tooth and nail for access!