Monday, August 13, 2007

Fun Monday - Cool!

I wasn't going to do Fun Monday today. I've been so busy and it just seemed like more than I was ready to commit to (sad, I know). But I've visited a few other sites and thrown in my two cents.

I confessed to loving Samaras, which is a Chinese/Japanese novelty item. Ice cream with a middle layer of red bean curd and surrounded by a soft, cone-like pastry in the shape of a fish. But these are special treats, and as a dieter, I need to have a treat that I can indulge in without feeling like I'm depriving myself.

So, at least for the summer, my special treats are these:

IMG_2713

I especially love the lemon flavor, which gives me a little kiss when I put it in my mouth. And at 60 calories per serving, it is a satisfactory substitution for ice cream, which I am learning to live without (mostly).

6 comments:

Janet said...

I am a long time fan of italian ice. To me it tastes better (and it's better for you) than ice cream anyhow. I still miss the days of Little Jimmy's Italian Ice truck. The store bought kind just isn't the same to me!

Anonymous said...

Lemon Italian Ice would make my whole body pucker!

Stepping Over the Junk said...

I've been eating my kids' Minute Maid lemon and lemon raspberry frozen lemonade. You squeeze it out of a cone shaped tube. I am addicted.

Anonymous said...

Hey!! My Mommy loves that stuff, too!!

I gotta try it!!

Anonymous said...

Italian ice is the stuff. The best I have had was in Jamaica of all places.

Beccy said...

Those look delicious, I like the sound of the lemon flavour.