I don't actually have a real, coherent subject to post about... just little snips from my day.
1) You can tell who's a long-time resident in town by how they approach some of our intersections. Recently, the city changed a lot of the downtown one-ways to two-way streets. The old-timers only look one way when at a cross street. I've learned to watch for them. But I'm still constantly startled by people going "the wrong way" down an ex-one-way street.
2) I called my cousin up for lunch today. I had called her yesterday, but she was busy. Today when I called, I told her I was casual today and that she'd missed her chance to have lunch with me wearing "clothes and everything".
3) The golf course has the best burgers in the entire world. And french fries to match. That's what I had today - my last big, meaty hurrah before starting my intense weightloss quest tomorrow. Luckily, the golf course also has terrific salads and will make you salmon on request (but it's not on the menu). ALL for a very reasonable price!
4) I think it's a good sign that I'm lending my cane to a friend's mother. That means I'm fairly confident that I won't be needing it. Of course, I do have backups if necessary.
5) I took the smallest piece of chocolate tonight after dinner.
6) Pork loin is quite tasty when cooked on the grill (thanks for the idea, BB!).
7) Summer thunderstorms in Florida sometimes end in sunshine. There's got to be a name for when it rains like hell even when the sun is out. Sun-derstorm?
8) I am loathe to admit it, but I really like my Crocs sandals. Even if they are pink.
9) My baby boy, who's not such a baby anymore, is incredibly wonderful. He and his daddy hauled a bookshelf upstairs for me and set books in it and a little TV on top. They actually listened when I said what I wanted to do with that space all that time ago!
10) I am probably one of the luckiest women on earth. Darling Man, lovely son, gray hair and all.