Saturday, November 03, 2007

Here we are at Day 3 already!



November was the most anticipated month of all this year. Sure, all the months have SOMETHING to recommend them:

January has New Year's Day and it's blank slate; February has Valentine's Day; March has my birthday; April marks the beginning of my life as a happily married woman AND as a mother (on the same day four years apart!); May celebrates the birth of a number of people in my family; June is the beginning of hurricane season; July-school's out and we're all patriotic; August-school's back in (hurray!) and life returns to "normal"; September is when the year begins to wind down - and hurricane season hits its peak; October is for ghosts of all kind; November reminds us to be thankful for the blessings in our lives; and December reminds us that there is something bigger than ourselves.

But this year, November is also my first NaNoWriMo. The object is to write 50,000 words between November 1st and November 30th. It IS a challenge. The daily goal is 1667 words. My first day went great guns, but I wrote only 300 words on the second, as my brain would not function in any language other than giberish. But today, so far, I've hit 3572. I'm still behind. At the end of day three, I should be at 5001, so there's still a shortfall. The day is not over yet!!!

At the beginning of the year, I made some resolutions and participating in NaNoWriMo this year was one of them. At least I'm making good on ONE of them!!!!

So far, I've got characters, backstories, and the meeting. It's fast and messy - just as it should be. December is for editing, November is for writing!

Speaking of which, I'd better get back to it. I've got a few words to make up...

No comments: