Sunday, November 18, 2007

Uh, yeah. Trish? Are you reading this?

Your Love Life is Like The Princess Bride

"Since the invention of the kiss, there have only been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind."

For you, love is like a fairy tale - albeit a fairly twisted one.
You believe romance is all about loyalty, fate, and a good big of goofy fun.

Your love style: Idealistic yet quirky

Your Hollywood Ending Will Be: Perfectly romantic


When I was married the first time, THE PRINCESS BRIDE came out in theaters. I went to see it with my friend Trish, who started calling me "Buttercup" because she thought I looked like the Princess Bride. She said I would have my fairy tale, but not with my current husband. At the time, I looked at her like she was crazy, but as it turned out she was right. A divorce followed a couple of years later and now, finally, my fairy tale. And my fairy tale is, in fact, a bit twisted and quirky. Thanks to HoosierGirl for hooking me up with this particular little quiz. And for reminding me that MY Prince Humperdink is a part of the past.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh, you just had to get past your Humperdinck before you were ready to appreciate your Westley. -Cousin Daa

That girl said...

Isn't that strange when someone says something like that to you and you're still married to husband number 1?

I had something similar happen, at the time I got all offended, but turns out my friend -like yours- had been right.

I wish I'd consulted my magic eight ball BEFORE i made that first mistake, LOL.

Kim Ayres said...

Apparently mine is "Annie Hall", which is one of my wife's favourite movies. However thedescription does seem pretty accurate:

"A relationship, I think, is like a shark. You know? It has to constantly move forward or it dies."

You believe that love (if you even believe in love!) is a very complicated thing.
Maybe love is pain. Or maybe it's all a big therapy session. You're still figuring it out.

Your love style: Brainy and a bit neurotic

Your Hollywood Ending Will Be: Realistic and reflective

Anonymous said...

Marriage is what brings us together today.....

Sigh, I love that movie.

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

I love the movie almost as much as the book.

Anonymous said...

I, too, am a Princess Bride. How sweet.