My friend Anna tagged me with this meme. I've seen it around but hadn't done it yet. My turn, my turn!!! By the way, if you want to see some video of a truly gorgeous fox, go visit Anna's page. It was hanging around in her garden and she got to take some video and some pictures.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. Unless I'm running late.
2. Tree--Real or Artificial? I love real trees. They smell good. They look good. They have personalities (hi, Steve). But they're also messy and there's always the question of disposing of them afterwards. It seems like such a waste unless you get a live tree, but then you wouldn't have much yard left after a few years, would you? I did the artificial tree thing for a few years and it was much easier, but not as satisfying.
3. When do you put your Christmas tree up? Usually the first weekend in December.
4. When do you take the tree down? Whenever I feel like it. Sometimes that's before New Years and sometimes it's the end of January.
5. Like egg nog? Yes! Especially with a healthy dollop of Bailey's!
6. Do you have a nativity scene? No. My mother gave me a little glass one a long time ago, but after ZBoy came along, it wasn't long before Baby Jesus was broken in half and once he started losing body parts, I figured it would be less sacriligeous to throw him and the rest of it away.
7. Favorite gift received as a child? Wow. Tough one. There were many, many things I was THRILLED with, but I have to say that my anatomically correct baby girl doll (and my cousin got the boy doll!) was the most... interesting.
8. Hardest person to buy for? I'd have to say my in-laws. But I think I might have nailed it this year.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My son. He tells me EXACTLY what he wants.
10. Worst Christmas gift? Actually, I can't think of one. I must be pretty easy.
11. Mail or email a Christmas Card? I love getting real mail, but I like email too!
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Old: It's a Wonderful Life New: The Santa Clause
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Um... I guess I'd better get started...
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No
15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? Turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and pumpkin pie with whipped cream (I guess I'm a traditionalist.)
16. Clear or colored tree lights? Colored - with slow twinkling
17. Favorite Christmas Song? "Oh Come, Oh Come, Emmanuel" by Mannheim Steamroller.
18. Travel during Christmas or Stay home? I used to have to travel and it was a real pain to do at holiday time. Now, everyone is here and I don't have to go far. Of course, sometimes I wish I lived on the other side of the country so I'd have a great excuse to stay home and not see ANYONE. (Uh, oh. Scrooge just appeared.)
19. Can you name Santa's reindeers? Depends on how much I've had to drink.
20. Angel or Star on Tree top? For years, nothing. Then my son made a wreath that we used to put on top. It's starting to fall apart, so this year I bought a star, but I have to trim the top of the tree to put it on. So, so far this year, nothing...
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Whenever one is offered!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Shopping. But then I hate that any time of year. It's just that I somehow feel obligated to do it now... That's why I love the internet!
I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you want to do it, feel free to take it and run with it!!!