J over at Oh, the Joys has tagged me for a meme. At first I thought it was a 10 Meme. But then the number 3 showed up, then the number 5. So I will not call it a 10 Meme or a 5 Meme - how about a Schizo-Meme? It's sort of a blend of the Five Things Meme and the 10 Meme with a couple of rogue questions thrown in for good measure...
What was I doing 10 years ago?
Hmmm... I wonder if I can remember that far back? ZBoy is amost nine, so it was the spring before I got pregnant. We were still doing a little rock climbing then, and a lot of bike riding. I was actually commuting 15 miles each way to work on my bike! We lived in Wakulla with our 2 dogs (now deceased) and 4 cats (also all now deceased) and the step-son had fairly recently joined the Army and was heading for Korea. I had the job I've got now, but I wasn't a supervisor. It was actually a fairly idyllic time.
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1) Pay off all my debt - to companies and family
2) Pay off my family's debt
3) Buy a house (or build one) on a huge piece of land somewhere north so that my only neighbors would be the ones Mother Nature put there.
4) Stop working at an outside job and spend my days writing and gardening and figuring out how to become as self-sufficient as possible. Since I'm not keen on killing animals myself, I'd probably wind up a vegetarian.
5) Travel to see far-flung family more than once every 25 years...
6) Give money to whatever charity I feel actually needs it. If you're a charity, do NOT come to me with your hand out. That's a sure way to miss out on that gravy train!
3 of My Bad Habits:
1) I'm a bit of a control freak. I can't seem to help telling those near and dear to me how to do things. Since my husband has a friend who's the same way (and I can't stand when he does it), I realize this isn't good. I do try to curb my input when it's not needed (which is MOST of the time).
2) Used to be eating the wrong foods. That is a luxury I cannot afford anymore. But I still think about it sometimes - and that's not good. It's like setting myself up and making myself unhappy for no good reason. Snap out of it Sayre!!! Life is about more than what you can and cannot put in your mouth!
3) Not enough exercise. If left to my own devices, my butt would grow roots into the couch. Thankfully, there are plenty of things that get me up and about and there are no roots in evidence. Still, I need to do more aerobic exercise and strength training. I know it, but I rarely do it.
5 Places I've Lived:
I've only lived in three places if we're talking geography here. Lots of places if we're talking about houses. Rather than those things, I'm going to list the five places where I've felt most alive:
1) Wandering the farm in North Wales
2) Walking the streets of London/Washington DC - alone.
3) Flying an airplane on my first solo over the prairie land in Oklahoma
4) Walking the beach of St. George Island
5) Hearing my son cry for the first time
5 Jobs I've Had:
1) Radio disc jockey
2) Freelance sports (utility, parabula, font assist, font (character generator/graphics)
3) Television production (camera, audio, studio supervisor, floor director)
4) Film editor (editing movies and television programs for time/content) for broadcast
5) Traffic manager (essentially writing the directions for putting what's on the air on the air)
5 Books I've Read Recently:
1) Tales of the Otori (series) - by Lian Hearn
2) Operating Instructions - by Anne Lamott
3) On a Pale Horse - by Piers Anthony
4) Bird by Bird - by Anne Lamott
5) Half-Assed: A Weightloss Memoir - by Jennette Fulda (currently reading)
5 People to Tag:
Oooo... the hard part!
Sandy at Myanderings
Beckie at Give It a Try
Kaytabug at Lady K
Janet - From the Planet of...