Friday, September 26, 2008

Satisfaction

I read everyone's opinions and talked to more people that I knew besides, and after looking a bit today, settled on the Subaru Forester. It's only a year old, has 19,045 miles on it and was traded in by the original owners who decided they wanted a Forester with the new body type that came out this year. It's like a new car without the new car price!


Driving home, I called my parents to share the good news. Dad said, "Now you need to put your dragon tag on the new car!" Well, actually, I never put it on the old car. All the time I've had my special tag, I never put it on the Focus. Or my sticker either. "You really didn't like that car, did you? You never moved in!" said Dad.

Well, I've moved in now! See? My tag AND my sticker!


The interior is very roomy. Apparently Darling Man's older brother just bought one and that guy is 6'5". If HE can fit, I know DM can.


IMG_1529


The cargo space is nice and big too - big enough for two large dogs to share and even lie down. I took the bike rack off the Focus and transferred the flat of water, case of Zero and my cooler (for cold stuff after grocery shopping) over and there was still quite a bit of room.

IMG_1532 IMG_1533

Also... there's a molded rubber mat for the cargo space. If you get a bag of kitty litter with a leak or dogs that drool, you can pull the rubber mat out and hose it down. Absolutely brilliant!

Darling Man came out when I arrived home and nodded. "THIS car is YOU," he said. "The Focus never was."

I think so too.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!
There is nothing like car love. I liked my 03 Explorer, but I loooooove my new Toyota Corolla.

I reccommend that you spend a morning hand washing it and etailing the interior. It gives you a good baseline for knowing your car. You pick up on anything amiss much sooner, because you know every inch of the car. Plus, you find all the nooks and crannies BEFORE something important falls into them!

Andy

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's you--and you moved in immediately. Just the ticket--happy trails!

dad

SwampAngel65 said...

Seems like the beginning of a beautiful friendship!

Liane Michel said...

You did good! Subarus are good, reliable cars. I know; I have had three so far and none of them ever had problems.

Congrats!! I know you are happy.

P.S., silver!!!

Unknown said...

You have a totally cute new ride now!!

Anonymous said...

You are aboutto rediscover the joy of driving! I learned the lesson a few years ago when I went from a temporary stint in a junky car that smelled like feet and I hated driving to a comfortable, roomy vehicle I was very happy to drive. Trips becime pleasurable again, and you will actually look forward to leaving the house in the morning!

CONGRATS!! :)

John

Anonymous said...

I love my subaru. the forester didnt seem big enough for me, but I know so many people who love it! (I have an outback wagon)

Anonymous said...

Aw shucks, I have tears in my eyes. Looks like love at first sight.

storyteller said...

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your new vehicle ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

karisma said...

Very nice! Now the question is....How long is it going to stay that clean????

Jodi said...

Nice car. I am totally jealous.

Congrats!

J.

Lift Heavy Rock said...

Sheesh, I missed this. Grats!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shane, I work for Carmichael Lynch who works on the advertising for Subaru of America. I found your blog/blog post through a couple of different blog searches. I am working on a research project to understand Subaru drivers better. I was wondering if you would like to participate in the project. It is an online project through a private Ning network. We are paying a $100 dollar incentive for people who help out. You can find more info out here - http://soasrn.wordpress.com/ If this comment doesn't go through, I might email you as well. Thanks for your time, Herb

Anonymous said...

Hi Sayre,

Herb from the research project (I just left a comment)...totally embarrassing...I was talk with my co-worker Shane as I type out this comment...and yeah, typed his name while looking at yours.

Very embarrassing...and hope that it doesn't sway you from considering participating in my research project for Subaru.

Herb

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

I NEED THAT PLATE!! GIVE IT ME NOW!!

I already have the little dragon sticker on my car so you can keep that one!

ROFLOL!!