Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fun Monday - Doodle, doodle-do!


Today's Fun Monday is hosted by {i}post 20 Miles from Nowhere. Her challenge was a particularly difficult one for me:
The assignment was to start with red 9 and then doodle aimlessly while watching television or talking on the phone. Last, you were to post your doodle and analyze the meaning of your doodles from this website.

scan0002

If you were to draw a very large doodle in the centre of the page, then this would indicate how important you would like your role in life to be. I don't think this is a very large doodle, but it's not tiny either. I suppose this could mean I want a "normal" life.

More introverted people, will tend to start their doodle in the centre of a piece of paper, work outwards, and then move inwards again. I started in the middle. Then I went left and up counter-clockwise.

The intesity of the ink/pencil marks can also indicate the mood of the person. Lighter strokes indicating a good day. It WAS a good day. I got enough accomplished to feel like I'd done something, I spent time with my son and I took a nap.

This was all the website had that was relevant to my doodle. There was nothing about numbers or repeating the same (or essentially the same) thing over and over. Nothing about sparse doodling either.

I have to confess - I am not a doodler. Never was. A blank piece of paper inspires nothing unless you're looking for words.

My son gets in trouble at school for excessive doodling (and reading.. go figure). My husband is a doodler. But not me. I wonder why that is?

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want a "mornal" life, too.
Now, go get your camera and see what YOU can find in your backyard since you've doodled all over the place.

Faye said...

Are you left handed, Sayre? Would that explain why you started center and then moved left and then clockwise. I can totally visualize your path. And why is it that boys love to doodle and draw, especially cartoons?

Melli said...

999,999... I think it shows AMAZING potential!!!

Anonymous said...

Sayre, my book says that repetitive doodles implies that you're careful, consistent, down-to-earth, logical, loving, loyal, and practical. The doodling of repetitive numbers implies a preoccupation with figures or money. Who doesn't have that these days?!

Happy Monday! Come check out mine :-)

Gattina said...

and not one 9 colored in red ! You must be a case for a psychological analysis, lol !

Hootin Anni said...

Hmmmmmm, a non-doodler among two doodlers...I think any psychiatrist would have you on meds! There is something wrong with you. [just kidding of course]

Happy Fun Monday.

Oh.......I see Gattina said the same thing. So maybe you should see a PSY!! [oops, kidding again]

karisma said...

Well I used to be a doodler! These days I do not have time! Boo Hoo! I mean it really! I wanted to play this week and then actually "forgot" to doodle!

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

I wonder if that is an amount of money that will come your way! Now that would make a good day, for sure!

Rayne said...

They are very well drawn 9's...I'm sure any psychiatrist would agree!
Just teasing. Couldn't resist.

Anonymous said...

It just means your creativity might not be in visual arts, but in the written word!

Kathy said...

Came over from Hootin' Anni's to check out your doodle. I wish I were more creative like Anni is.

;-(

Unknown said...

Doodle much? It's ok, I don't either. :)

Tiggerlane said...

I'm not a doodler, either...that's why I let the kid do it.

And I TOTALLY forgot to analyze her.

Lift Heavy Rock said...

I started in the center and zig-zagged out, drawing eyes along the way, and then made crazy circles in heavy ink.

Anonymous said...

No doodling means you are probably quite content with life. That's my idea anyway!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. The numbers all have menaing for me and when I am at work and on the phone, I usually doodle numbers such as dates and things I need or want to remember. For some dumb reason, numbers are calming to me. Weird, I know.

You have a great blog and I will definitely be back to visit.

Marlene

NariceatL4 said...

I think it's cool that you only doodled a few nines, and then moved on to something else (probably more productive!)
My son is a doodler too! He doodles heads--profiles all over his papers!