Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day

I voted. Florida did an early voting that got 38% of the voters out to the polls in Leon County so when I went to vote, there were no lines. Granted, I waited until 10:30am to vote. When I was returning from taking ZBoy to school, traffic was backed up on the road leading to my polling place, so I decided to go home, get some work done, and vote after the crowd left.

The parking lot was still full, but there were plenty of booths and no one in my letter line so it was quick. The Democratic Party had some folks out front near the drive way handing out leaflets on the party candidates and amendments. When I stopped and rolled down my window, the woman I asked about it was very tentative. I have a feeling she'd been yelled at a few times. They weren't agressive and they were following the 100 foot rule, so I didn't have any problem with them being there. I never vote straight ticket anyway. I'm one of those voters who vote for the person, not the party. I admit it - I voted for Reagan the first time...

Anyway, my mom sent me this - a little high-brow humor for election day. I hope you enjoy it!

And if you haven't already - GO VOTE!!!!

4 comments:

PinkPiddyPaws said...

Well, since my oh,so generous boss isn't letting us go early, I'm outta here at 5 to vote. I packed:

camp stool
comfie shoes
coat for when it gets dark and cold
bottle of water
2 books.

Bring on the voting lines baby, I'm ready!!! And then I want my free Starbucks. ha.ha.ha.. My luck, they will be out of stickers. :P

Anonymous said...

I'm ready for it to be over!

Anonymous said...

that was fun! I wonder what they are singing now

Emma in Canada said...

That was hilarious!