Sunday, November 16, 2008

Throwing in the Towel

I really didn't want to do this, but I have come to the realization that there is no way I'm going to make 50,000 words by November 30th this year.

There are just too many other things going on at the moment, with hosting Thanksgiving tossed right in on top of it all. By the time I get some writing time, my brain is just too fried to even string all that many words together.

As of today, I should have had 26,672 words down. I have almost 9,000. It doesn't bode well.

I'm not giving up on the novel though. I think it's a good story and I'll continue working on it when I can - but I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Even though I know I won't make the 50,000, I will get as far as I can. A good start is better than no start at all.

NaNoWriMo - there's always next year.

6 comments:

storyteller said...

I’ve discovered through experience that often, letting go is the ONLY way to continue ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

the planet of janet said...

don't feel bad. i bailed as well.

*shrug* better luck next year.

maybe. ;-)

karatemom said...

hey there ! just went to my blog in the first time in forever and saw that you had posted a question...you are correct..yes he went to the worlds he was in your neck of the woods..recently ..in fact from the 7th to 15..so yes he just arrived back home..he had a fabulous time..although he did not make it to the podium ..and he lost to a fellow from scotland....and that fellow..won the gold and also won the gold in another division..he was good.!

I have tons of pictures to get done and will try to post some of them ..i love the ones of him with tigger lol ..thanks for keeping an eye on me and thinking of my boy ! means much .

Anonymous said...

You will write it in your own time.

Unknown said...

Write when the Muse visits and throw deadlines away...All things in their own time

PinkPiddyPaws said...

Tell you what Sayre, why don't you blow off the family gig and come up for the "Orphan Gobble Day" festivities that I'm going to? I'm suggesting a "Jammy Thanksgiving Day". In other words, wear your most comfortable PJ's all day long. :) It'll be fun.. you know you wanna.

We aren't cooking diddly squat. We are outsourcing the whole meal. ha..ha..ha... Did you know you can get Deep fried turkey delivered? :D