There's been a tag going around for 25 things about me... I struggled to fulfill THIS one. And it was only 10. Don't look for the 25 anytime soon. I really have to think about it!
Honestly, the things I do for my friends... HoosierGirl tagged me with this meme: Tell us 10 honest things about you.
1. I have very little patience. I have a little more now than I used to. Motherhood will MAKE that happen, but as a rule, when I want something done, I want it done NOW. Hence, some really bad haircuts.
2. I cannot abide rude people. I firmly believe in manners. When I was young and growing up in the South, they were drummed into you. Manners is what makes having a polite society possible.
3. I love cats and tolerate dogs.
4. I hate exercise for the sake of exercising, but I love being active and accomplishing something. If I have to exercise, I must label it as something else - my walking/jogging time is actually much needed personal meditation time. I don't have that problem with house cleaning or mowing the lawn.
5. Speaking of house cleaning - I love doing that. If my job ended tomorrow, I would clean houses. One of my favorite shows is "How Clean is Your House" on BBCAmerica. In spite of this, I live in a fairly dirty house. I have a man, a boy, 4 cats and 2 dogs. All untrained and unwilling to be. (Okay, the man does try, but he's more into neat than clean). There are days I throw up my hands and surrender to the muck. And there are other days when the guys just get out of the way.
6. I don't watch much television anymore. I have a few things I DVR and watch whenever I get around to it, but there are things on there that have been there a long time - and I still haven't gotten around to it. There are lots more interesting things to do than sit and watch TV. Anyone see the Alec Baldwin spot on the SuperBowl (hulu.com)? He's not mushing my brains!!!
7. I could live without sugar, but I can't live without cheese.
8. Even though I use weak readers (+1.50), my eye doctor says I have 20/20 vision and perfect eyes. That is no mean feat for a 47 year old. I'd like to thank my sunglasses habit.
9. I require 8-10 hours of sleep a night to feel really rested and really good. I generally get 8 or 9 hours, but every once in a while I can do 12 or even 18!
10. I LOVE cold weather! Especially when I can take a brisk walk, then snuggle under a blanket with a cup of hot cocoa and watch a good movie. Life has been good lately!