Monday, January 04, 2010

Fun Monday - Looking forward to it!

Mariposa is hosting Fun Monday this week and she's added a small twist to the usual resolution thing:
I know most of you probably have their list of New Year's resolution, I'm not going to ask for those. What I'm interested to know are the things you are looking forward to this year. It could be an event, a date, or anything. You can add photos if you want!

I've been looking for pictures and I've found plenty but not from our area.  Most of the pictures of this event seem to have snow involved, which is NOT something you would find here.

I believe I've mentioned before that I am planning to participate in a marathon in May 2011 with my friend Christin.  Training will start in earnest (as soon as this sore throat and stuffy head and achy ribs goes away).  Along the way, there will be various races around here.  5Ks, 10Ks, Fun Runs and that kind of thing.  But the one race I'm looking forward to is the Jingle Bell Run, held on the night of Winter Festival.

I remember seeing one of those once.  It was dark.  The participants wore Santa hats, bells on their shoe laces, and some of them had lights on their bodies as well.  It was really a cool experience to watch (and hear) those people running by.  It's a 5K, so it's not long, but it sure would be fun!

And by next December, it should just be a walk in the park.

12 comments:

Sandy said...

I think your insane but best of luck...lol.

Sandcastle Momma said...

I can't wait to see photos from your big run - I know you'll make it there! It's nice to have a resolution to look forward to - I dread most of mine which is probably why I don't have much luck with them.

Janis said...

Those are great goals...running can be so invigorating. Good luck and hope 2010 is a good one for you.

Pamela said...

no way -- that is just so far fetched for my mind to comprehend. Well, for me, I mean.
I could walk a 5K or 10K on a really good day -- but I'd pay the price on the latter. bad feet and ankle.

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

Have fun and good luck! I would love to see photos, from training to the actual marathon. :)

Thanks for playing, have a great week!

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

Btw, I'm announced you as host next week. Thanks!

Living Life said...

That's great, Sayre! I hope one day I can participate in a marathon! I am almost at my weight loss goal and will hopefully reach it by the end of the summer, if not before. Completing a marathon is definitely an accomplishment and worth looking forward to!

Jill said...

Nice. I never could run.Seems like we have a group of runners this time on Fun Monday...

Gattina said...

Then 2010 will be a training year ! good luck !

Kim said...

Good on ya! I admire people like you because that is a world I will never know anything about. When I see people running I think "that does not look fun at all!"

The Santa Run sounds fun, tho. How long does it take to get past the "I'm going to die!" phase? What do you think about when you are running or are you listening to some muse music?

gayle said...

Wish I liked to run...heard it's fun..but never have like to...Can't wait to see with bells on and a Santa hat.....Running

Anonymous said...

Jingle Bell Run used to be only 3K. Did it years ago, paced myself for 5, felt like an idiot..but it was jingly alright.

dad