Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fun Monday - Message in a Bottle

It's the last challenge before handing the reins over to Faye, so I thought I'd make it a good one: I'm going to play genie in the lamp - I want to know your heart's desire in the form of three wishes.

They can be anything you want - it's entirely up to you!


Interestingly enough, I think most people who play this week will have similar desires. I think when you have to distill things down to three, the basics begin to come into play and since everyone needs pretty much the same things out of life, I expect to see some overlap.


Wish # 1 is for a healthy body and mind. If you don't have your health, you really can't participate much in your own life. I have a myriad of health problems: weight, blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol, and arthritis. My doctor and I have been working together to see what works and what doesn't. I've been successful in eliminating a few prescriptions and realized that I was down to four now. The rest of the pills in my scary pill box are vitamins! I really hope, in the next year to eliminate the blood pressure medication and the diabetes medication. This, of course, hinges on losing weight and excercising more. I am still aiming for running with my friend Christin in Vermont in May, but because of my knee issues, I'm pretty sure the full marathon is out. Perhaps the half. I'll have to decide when we get closer.

Wish #2: I think this one is universal. I don't know very many people who don't need more money. Some people need it desperately; some could just do with a little more to be comfortable. I have debt and bills and there are months when I wonder how I'm going to pay for food - but we seem to manage anyway. But still, it would be nice to have enough money to not be stressing out over writing those checks, to put a little aside for the future, to help a few people when they need it, and maybe take an actual vacation from time to time.

Wish #3 may be my most important though. That is for my son to grow up to be a caring, responsible and independent adult. He has the brains and the loving family behind him, but as we all know, sometimes even that is not enough to save a child from making bad decisions or being careless with his life. It takes time and maturity to even be aware of those things - so my wish is that my husband and I will help our son make the most of his life and to reach adulthood safely and with few regrets.

You can still sign up! And go visit everyone's links below to see what their three wishes are!


7 comments:

joanygee said...

Thank you for hosting throughout September. (smile)

Julie said...

Well, I figured since I was around when FM started I should jump back in. Wow, it seems like forever ago that I posted a FM post.

Now I gotta get my thinking cap on and come up with my wish. Thanks for hosting this. Maybe I will sign up to host it for November, unless you already have someone in mind.

Sandy said...

Thanks, Sayre, for hosting once again and congrats on getting Mr. Linky to work!

Jill said...

yeah I made it before 7 30 am and only 1 stupid blog error!

Jill said...

I'll host november!

Molly said...

Thanks for hosting for the whole month of September. You have made wise choices for your wishes. I think that in a way, you are somewhat in control of making these wishes come true. You are working on all three of these.

Jan n Jer said...

Those are all great wishes Sayre, you are so right that most of us wish for the very same things. I am through with # 3, my girls have grown into beautiful adults and are raising their children with a good moral value. One can only hope that what is instilled in them as children will bring them through in their journey to adulthood. Sounds like your on the right track for your health issues. Its amazing with just losing a few pounds how beneficial it is to our bodies. Keep up the good work!