Monday, November 15, 2010

Day Two - Something I Love About Myself

It's easy to find things that you don't like about yourself. It's much harder to find things that you love about yourself! After much thinking, I realized that most of the things I love about myself are intangibles.

I love my can-do attitude. When faced with a challenge, I usually find some way to meet it. Sometimes that means really putting my thinking cap on and puzzling it out. Sometimes it means taking knowledge I have already and applying it in a different way. I've figured out how to install toilets, take apart vaccuum cleaners, lay flooring and remove wallpaper. I'm still trying to figure out how to raise a successful adult - I'll let you know how that turns out.

I love that I can read. And learn new things. It takes more effort these days, but I'm learning. Still working on the Korean. I realize that I take this particular skill of learning for granted - not everyone can read or even learn to the extent that I can and I'm extremely grateful for the brain I have.

I'm a good friend. I listen more than I talk. I help when I can. I care.

And I suppose if pressed for one physical thing that I like about myself, it would be my eyes. They're blue like the rest of my family's eyes. They have little crinkles around the edges and the eyelids are a bit on the heavy side. They express me well from the cold steely glare (my son is occasionally the recipient of this) to the soft loving, gaze that falls on babies and small animals and people that I love.

If you'd like to participate in 30 Days of Truth, you can find the challenges here.

1 comment:

Liane Michel said...

I love that you truly care about people and prove it daily.

I love your sense of humor.

I love your mission to document for your son.

But more than anything...as much stuff as I am going thru with my kids and my job and my whatever right now, I want you to know that you inspire me to stop complaining and try to do better.

Oh, and I need a cheeseburger soon.