Thursday, November 04, 2010

NaNoWriMo 2010

See that little widget I've added to my sidebar? It identifies me as a participant in this year's National Novel Writing Month exercise. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a crazy exercise designed to make all wanna-be writers think they're nuts. The goal is to write a novel 50,000 words in length during the month of November. 30 days. To write a novel.

Sounds crazy, doesn't it?

Well... I've actually pulled it off once. And have two other partial novels still to be completed. And I'm doing it again this year. Only this year, i was in Korea when it started and have been suffering jet lag ever since I got back. So if you look closely, that widget also says I have 0 words. Yeah. Nil. Nada. Not a one.

Which means that if I'm going to win this year (and by win, I mean feel the satisfaction of actually having accomplished this) I need to get crackin'. Soon. I'm way behind.

1 comment:

Liane Michel said...

You will. If you're stumped for a theme which is not depressing (which I believe I know from a previous blog)consider a story... a comedy... involving a middle-aged caucasion woman who is married and has one son (do I need to continue?) going to Korea for the first time. You have plenty of material I am sure.