Friday, December 17, 2010

Remember that post....

Remember last week when I said I was pretty happy and wasn't going to let my weight dictate my mood?



Well, it's still true, but I realized this morning that I did need to curb my "indulgences" a bit. I'm wearing my fat jeans, and only just.



When I put them on this morning, I zipped them half way - and the zipper STOPPED. Uh-oh. Immediate flashback to impossibly skinny high school body, jeans and a pair of pliers. I remember those days (in the mid- to late-70s) when painted on jeans were all the rage. Sure we looked trashy, but hey... that was the fashion back then. My friend Steph was a master of the painted on jeans. She'd lay down on the bed, pull them on, grab hold of the zipper with pliers (or for particularly tight ones, channel locks) and pull until it came all the way up to the waistband. I never found that look comfortable - my jeans were tight, but not so tight that I needed the pliers. Just had to suck in pretty hard.

Today, I was wondering where our channel locks were.

I'm enjoying the holidays, but as soon as Christmas is over, no more sweet stuff, no more piles of pasta and much more motion. I am NOT buying a larger size!

5 comments:

joanygee said...

Yes I too remember tight jeans, but it was in the 70s! OH has bought in enough chocolates to feed a horde. Good thing they have a long shelf life.

Jan n Jer said...

I have a pair of jeans like that, everytime I wash them they are so hard to pull up, but thank goodess for the small amount of spandex in them after about an hour they expand a little. Its so hard this time of year with all the temptations of sweet stuff around. I have been having two or three cookies in the evening, hope it doesnt come back in the form of extra lbs. Gotta keep up my excerise routine.

gayle said...

I know what you mean about fat jeans getting too tight. Mine are too! Come the first of the year...I'm with you!!!

Sandcastle Momma said...

I remember the plier days! I would have a dent around my middle for hours after I took my jeans off LOL

I'm a comfort creature now and if something is even a little tight I won't wear it.

I've managed to lose a few pounds and have promised myself some new clothes when I reach my goal.
I've done a little backsliding at holiday parties lately but once the holiday is over I'm dropping the rest of this weight for good - and then throwing away my fat clothes!

grace said...

I am with you about Christmas, I am enjoying and January 1 (my birthday) I am curbing my appetite. Did you already go to the wedding? thanks for stopping by. I hope you had a Merry Christmas. Did your hubby drive to Atlanta? take care...grace\
P/S happy new year