Friday, November 18, 2011

Just Fishin' Friday

Growing up, my grandmother LOVED to take us for ice cream.  I think we were actually just an excuse, as she absolutely adored the stuff and went for it every chance she got.

It's more of a once-in-a-while kind of thing for us.  A treat on a really, really hot day or a reward for a job well done.

Report cards came out a couple of weeks ago.  My stepson was shadowing a doctor at the hospital, so we were picking up Kylee three times a week from school - including on report card day.  I would pick her up, then drive up to the Boy's school and pick him up - and on the way home was Baskin Robbins.  We had cause to celebrate that day - Kylee got 2 B's and the rest A's, and Boy got 1 B and the rest A's! 

I told them they could have an adult scoop of whatever kind of ice cream they wanted.  K went for vanilla, and Z went for Reeces Pieces ice cream.  And I went for the chocolate chip - Baskin Robbins is one of the few places you can actually get plain chocolate chip!

I don't know if they'll remember this when they grow up, but I will.  Getting ice cream with Grandma (or in the Boy's case, Mom) was always a treat when I was a kid.  I hope they feel the same way.

More stories of Just Fishin' or Fist Bumping can be found at Jill's blog!

2 comments:

One Million Tries said...

Wait what? You have a grand daughter? WHAAAA?

I never knew that about you. Is she the Z's age?

I miss ice cream :( All that dairy... yumm...blizzards.

Now look what you did, lol.

Jill said...

love this!