Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sunrise

As I was driving to work yesterday, I saw the strangest thing.  Close to my office is a stormwater run-off pond.  It's a gathering place for all manner of bird and the Canadian geese have been hanging out there for years - but not like this.  As I drove past, I saw them all gathered on the banks - all facing the same way as if they were watching the sunrise together. 
 
I pulled into the parking lot adjacent and as I opened my car door, it was as if the spell had been broken...  about half of them took off in a big whoosh while the rest started looking around and then moving.  Unfortunately, the pictures are after the big departure, but still - it was the oddest thing.
 


1 comment:

karisma said...

Interesting. Maybe they were watching or waiting for something?