Monday, April 21, 2014

Fun Monday! April 21, 2013

Fun Monday has been resurrected (at least for a while), so on this Monday after Easter, the challenge is to show your front door - or the view from your front door.


Straight out my door - my flower bed.  I don't know how old it is, but the landscape timbers are crumbling and it's time to redo it.  It's a daunting task, being full of things that can stick you.  Our six baby aloe plants have multiplied like crazy and taken over the bed!  And they are SHARP.  Also, three rose bushes with thorns.....  I may wait until fall to do that - too many other things need doing around here.  Straight out front is the lemon tree my dad gave me a couple of years ago.  It's grown a lot and I'm hoping for some lemons this year.


Turning slightly to the left, you can see my driveway.  Just past the post is a tea olive that we brought from Wakulla.  It was a gift when our son was born (almost 15 years ago).  It didn't do well in the sandy soil there and it was still only about thigh high when we planted it here 7 years ago.  Now it's taller than the porch roof!  It gives you a lovely whiff of scent as you pass by several times a year.

There's my Fun Monday!  If you want to join in, go to Facebook, search for "Fun Monday" and post your pictures there.  I'm linking my blog there.

3 comments:

ChrisB said...

There is always so much to do in a garden, yours is looking very pretty in my opinion! :)

Molly said...

Hello Sayre, I must get my camera and join the fun. It looks spring has reached your house.

Megly Mc said...

Ohhhh real grass, how I miss you. Its already 3-digit temps here, and everything is about to dry up and turn brown. The joys of living in a desert.