Monday, May 12, 2014

Fun Monday, May 12th - Mother's Day

In honor of Mother's day weekend, the challenge is to either talk about what you did on Mother's Day or to share a picture of you and your mom.  Since I've already put my Sunday all over Facebook, I'm going with the picture of me and Mom.

I really had to wrack my brain to come up with one, honestly.  I could only think of one picture of the two of us.  Most have lots of other people in the picture and she and I are not the point of those pictures.  And usually it's either her or me holding the camera the rest of the time.  When I went searching for the one picture, I did find another. 

This was taken after my first wedding 32 years ago (gasp).  I'm showing her my brand new wedding ring. 

And this one was taken probably less than a minute after:

This is the one picture I always think of when I think of one of Mom and me.  All those years ago, even though I didn't know it at the time, she was saying goodbye to her baby girl and hello to her daughter, the woman.  Holding tight before letting go. 

I hope I am as graceful about it when it's time to let go of MY baby.


Jill said...


Stephanie Wilkinson said...

Your beautiful hair. Lovely picture of you and Mom.
Oh my, it is sad to say that I did not recognize me but I did my clothes. Lmbo. And my grandmother.