Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Very busy...

Wow - there are a lot more Fun Monday participants now than there where when I hosted last! I'm still getting "me too!" comments, and the list grows longer. I should have it updated again in the morning, as right now I'm so tired I can hardly see straight, much less type in hyperlinks that will work...

I've also been very busy at work. For some reason, I've had lots of higher ups requesting reports of one type or another, so in addition to my usual crazy job stuff, I'm looking up odd things and filling in forms and writing out stuff for other people too.

It's an odd week. We (well, Zboy - with our help) have a report on a black scientist due on Friday and are having a heck of a time finding information on her. Her name is Cornelia Denson Gillyard - a dean at Spelman, head of the Chemistry department. Her specialty is organic chemistry and she's affiliated with NASA. That's it! That's all we can find! I did find a speech she gave, but mostly it was about encouraging women in the sciences. None of this helps with the information the teacher wants in this report. I am at the point of emailing the lady myself and asking her - but somehow that seems a little rude. I'd rather not. Anybody have any clues?

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and Darling Man will not be around to celebrate it with us. He has to work. I'm trying to think of something special that ZBoy and I can do together (besides finishing that darned report) to celebrate. I'm coming up with zilch.

My brain must be really, really tired.

Goodnight.

3 comments:

JR said...

Go to books.google.com, search for "Distinguished African American Scientists of the 20th Century" by James H. Kessler. Starting on page 116, though it cuts off page 120, where it ends. Lots of good information there.

Sandy said...

I think JR just gave you your Valentine's gift. How cool is that!

Sayre said...

Wow - thanks!!!! WHen I pulled it up, it left out page 117 & 120, but I also discovered that our library has it, so I'm going to the library for lunch today!!!

Thanks, JR - I was wondering where you've been!