Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Yep - another new toy!

Meet my new bike!!! My last bike is 15 years old and was literally ridden to death. It creaks when you get on (no weight cracks, you brothers, you!) and squeaks when you pedal. Oiling doesn't help much. It's just OLD. And uncomfortable.



Enter my new Schwinn, built for WOMEN! What? Built for women? What does THAT mean?

Ah. Well, on my last bike (unisex version), it always seemed like I was sitting on my hands and there wasn't enough weight on my, ahem, posterior. My hands would actually fall asleep while I was riding! This bike has the stem and handle bars closer to the seat, so that when you sit on the bike, you actually SIT on the bike. And to that end...

It has a nice, wide, padded seat. For my nice, wide, padded seat. Unlike the old bike, which has had several different seats, but all of them were hard and narrow - most unlike my own seat.

I am definitely looking forward to grabbing ZBoy and heading for the bike trail next week and giving it a REAL workout. Both the bike and my seat.

6 comments:

karisma said...

I got a bike a few years back and naughty me has only ridden it twice I think. I keep saying I will go riding but mine kind of needs a softer seat.

Sandy said...

I have been contemplating buying myself a bicycle, too. Maybe, just maybe.

SwampAngel65 said...

WooHoo!!! Good for you getting a new bike! My old bike has alot of miles on it, but after getting a new seat for it, I think it'll have a few more miles left. It's great riding a bike when your ass doesn't end up screaming in agony!

Anonymous said...

I think the seat on my bike is what keeps me from riding it. I always feel like I'm leaning over to grab the handle bars. By the end of the ride, both my butt and my should hurt.

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Wish I could ride safely out here, but the roads are full of mindless yahoos and there are no shoulders to flee to. Great on the knees and greatr exercise.Loved my bike, rode it 3 or 4 days a week, sometimes as far as Bradfordville and back. Went to Miccosuckee and back once. Enjoy the pedalling, your well upholstered seat will love you.
dad

Alice in Wonderbread said...

Nice wheels!!