Saturday, November 08, 2008

Blowing It


The great month of November is getting off to a whimper for me. I started out great guns and managed to get 3379 words under my belt. Then I lost my index cards with my characters and their characteristics on them.

And I've been tired.

I think it's my body's way of NOT getting this crud that's been sweeping town. Runny nose, headache, questionable bowels, sore throat. Actually, it sounds a lot like something I had a couple of months ago (that's me.. on the forefront again).

Anyway, my prime writing time is usually after nine, when the guys all are in bed and sleeping. And I've been under my own covers by nine almost every night this week, exhausted. Last night I took an hour nap before dinner, went out to eat, came home and went back to bed.

Writing time is NOT happening this week.

As of today, I should be at 13,336 words. I am 9,957 words behind.

Still, I have until the 30th, and I am damned good at getting stuff done under the wire.

Now, if I can just keep my eyes open...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...questionable bowels..." Is that what this is called. The question first and foremost on my mind is if I can made it to the bathroom in time.
Hope you get past your writer's block. I generally work best under pressure.

Unknown said...

Well your crud has made it down south cause I've been out of it since Wednesday night...

I admire you for undertaking that challenge...I can't imagine being that disciplined...

Hope you're feeling better today

Anonymous said...

I can't stay awake past 9 either and my to do list is so damn long.