Friday, August 18, 2006

A Banner Day.... for the Driveway

Today, my husband got out of work early. He'd been working the way-early shift subbing for one of the engineers, so he was out of hours earlier than usual. He dropped by and said "I'm going fishing RIGHT NOW." Since I'd already planned to pick up Z-boy from the bus stop and go shopping for a birthday present for his friend, I said, "have fun!" and he left.

About an hour later, he left a message on my voice mail saying he'd changed his mind and was going to "do something about the house". My mind reeled (and honestly panicked a little) at what that cryptic message might mean.

So when I got home, I was pleasantly surprised to find him pressure-washing the house. This obviously hadn't been done in years (if ever), and the house was covered in mildew, mossy-stuff, and spiderwebs. It looked a little creepy when you get right down to it. Now it actually looks like someone cares. And as a bonus for me, he'd pulled out all the tall weeds from the front flower beds (I get to do the little ones). Wow!

He had a little fun with it too!


And then... the moment we've all been waiting for and despaired of ever coming...

Two guys showed up tonight and after about 45 minutes of trying, got the old RV the owner had left behind running and drove it out of our lives. After bitching about the thing for so long, our driveway looks oddly empty without it. We keep looking out the window to see if it's reappeared but it looks like it's gone for good!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa. It makes the thoughts of today scary, doesn't it? Maybe you will win money today, or something. Better go play that lottery!

Nikki said...

Hurray!

Now pat him on the head and tell him "Good Boy" LOL

Good for hubby and bye-bye RV!

BlondeBlogger said...

Was that design a drawing of something (the one in the driveway)? I kept tilting my head to figure it out....it looks like maybe a snail?

Glad the RV is gone! You know you're going to have a nightmare where you think you've really woken up, look out the window and see it again, don't you? LOL

Janet said...

I honestly would have no idea how to even go about power washing anything. I'll leave that to While You Were Out or some other home improvement show.:)

Sayre said...

We bought the power washer when we lived in the mobile home. Around here, you need such a thing to keep the mildew and mold at bay outside your house.

That design evolved into something really cool today. I will take a picture of it tomorrow and post it.

And the RV didn't come back!!! I can open my eyes now!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! "Nightmare Before Christmas" revisited. I love it, and look forward to the update.